• To get started, the first page prompts you to write your mantras, 5 things to quit, 5 things to remember (your truths, your core, the things that keep you centered) and your goals for the year. This page is a spot to look back on whenever you do not feel centered in your life, to guide you so you can remember your truths and the things that are important.
• Daily prompts: One thing you are grateful for and why plus three good things from the day and how they made you feel.
• When the week is done there is a reflection spot to look back on the week overall and highlight the positive aspects and things you have learned.
• At the end of every month there is a review to look back on the month as a whole.
• At the end of the year when you have completed the journal there is a collective reflection page where you can reflect on the year as a whole, learn from the year and set goals for next year.
• Each month is separated by an inspirational quote that has brought meaning and motivation to my life and is meant to inspire you throughout the year.
• The journal is undated so you can start at any point in the year.
• The journal measures 8.5x11 when closed and is built with a beautiful Chai Latte colored cover, thick text weight and cover separators pages and a sturdy tag board backing.
• It is wire-o bound so you can lay it completely flat to take advantage of all the bank space for free writing and doodling.
I created this gratitude journal after learning how to live with my own anxiety and stress. My whole life I have had anxiety, I have always felt like only the bad things were going to happen and that every negative thing my brain told me was true. After going through some life changing events, I learned valuable tools to help me work with my anxiety and stress. The tool that helped me the most was to keep a daily gratitude journal so that I could keep positive aspects and good things in my life in the forefront and not let negative thoughts overtake me. I practiced this exercise everyday and was very surprised at how fast I started to improve. It helped me to grow and to understand how to take care of myself, to turn my thoughts around and focus on the good and stay positive. The power of positive thinking, gratitude and cognitive restructuring can be life changing, it was for me. If you are feeling anxiety or worries or want to be more mindful of your gratitude and happiness, now is the best time to start journaling.
I hope you love this book as much as I do and that it brings you happiness and positivity throughout your year and journey in life.
Watch my talk with Sabrina Wright on YouTube about why I created these journals: